About Grama One
GramaOne is the flagship program of the government aimed at delivering citizen services of all the departments to the rural citizens at their own village. GramaOne is envisaged to be single point assistance center for all citizen centric activities at village level which include G2C services, Banking services, RTI queries etc. It was announced by the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Karnataka in the budget for FY20-21.Grama One centers will be operational from 8AM-8PM on all seven days of the week.
The envisioned benefits of Grama One centers are:
- Citizens do not need to visit the district, taluk and hobli offices to get government services
- Citizens can save on time and money by availing the services through Grama One centers
- No menace due to middlemen
- Grama One centers will be operational from 8AM-8PM. Citizens can avail the services at their convenient time.
- Employment opportunities are created at the village level.
- Financial inclusion is achieved by allowing each GramaOne center to act as a Micro banking institution
- The spirit of Aatma-Nirbhar is upheld as citizens need not depend on anyone to avail the services.
- Socio-Economic development is achieved through timely and quality delivery of services